The advancement in technology has revolutionized many things and brought about stiff competition to the IT industry. For example, the introduction of e-commerce themes for Shopify and WordPress confuses many people when it comes to whether to use Shopify or WordPress. Are you in the same confusion? In this article, we clarify what the difference between Shopify and WordPress themes and when to use any.
When to use Shopify over WordPress website themes
Shopify refers to a custom e-commerce solution that can be used by anybody, with or without coding skills, and still create a stunning online store. As such, the themes for Shopify are based on simplicity and compatibility –all you need to do is choose the one that aligns with your needs.
Shopify is easy to use and require no prior knowledge in website development. The templates and e-commerce themes for Shopify are easily customizable to any design and style that you like. As such, setting up a store is secure and require less effort.
Secondly, Shopify themes are quite affordable. With as little as $9 per month, you are given access to numerous design sites as well as customizable options that you can consider for your store.
It is advisable to use Shopify:
- If you have no existing website and all you want is create a stunning online store quickly
- If you are not tech-savvy and you do not wish to hire any developer.
- If you are looking forward to integrating your offline store with your online one
- If in need of a quality online store that has 24-hour customer support.
When to use WordPress website themes over Shopify
WordPress is considered to be a powerhouse that offers you a platform to run any website. However, the catch is that the software comes free of charge but requires you to use it with a web host, and do the entire configuration before launching a website using it.
Ideally, WordPress website themes are ideal for blogging and come with no e-commerce features apart from e-commerce plugins such as eth WooCommerce. For your e-commerce website to appear original and unique, WordPress gives you the option of combining numerous plugins and design.
It is ideal to use WordPress for e-commerce when:
- You have an existing site run by WordPress and have prior knowledge about the interface
- If you have a running WordPress website and you are focusing on reducing the costs by avoiding investing additional money in a new e-commerce platform
- If you have no problem with source code
- If your site does not require urgent customer support
Website Design, SEO, E-Commerce, Social Media Marketing & Google Analytics. Why not find out what I can do for you or your business? pic.twitter.com/U5PLJdwj8S
— CS Web Services (@CS_WebServices) 1 de junio de 2017
Additional Reading: 15 Best WordPress Themes for Ecommerce Website You Can Download for Free